Thursday, January 15, 2009

God's Perfect Timing


I have been unemployed now for 15 months. In this time God has taught me many, many lessons. I have learned to lean on and trust Him. When I was working and making good money I was leaning on and trusting myself to fullfill my needs. God did a much better job with next to nothing than I did while making alot. Every need I have has been met. I have not been homeless, or gone with out food or clothing. I haven't even gone without internet access! I have learned that He will always provide for me. I have also learned the joy of being a true servant. I have filled my time with volunteer work and other service adventures and my soul has been filled with such joy and gratitude. I have learned the joy of spending time with freinds. In my life I have made many friends I have never really learned to nuture those friendships. I have always been to busy with my life to just go to someones home just to sit for coffee. I do it now and I enjoy it. I am still not much of a phone talker but I am getting better. The point is that I have learned to truly value the people who are in my life. I needed to be unemployed for this period of time to learn the lessons I would have never slowed down enough to learn.

Now I have several job opportunities. Two of them are good paying jobs. One is a low paying job in a service position. I am leaning towards the lower paying job. In the past I was always looking to move up. To excel to the next level. To make more money. I don't need that anymore. I just need to be where God wants me to be. I just need to listen. I need to serve Him because He served me on the cross and he deserves no less than all I can give. I do not need a big fancy house or car. I don't even need a big bank account. Because God will provide for me. I trust Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh thats such an awesome confession!!!! Yea!!!!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

you should invest as much time on your blog writing as you do your farm or cafe' knuckle head I love you writing when are you gonna do it some more????????????!!!!!LOL