Friday, December 26, 2008

This Christmas


This year was probably the brokest I can remember in my adult life. It turned out to be the richest christmas ever!! It all started on the 23rd we met at my brother Eds house. He and his new wife put on a really nice dinner with shishkabobs and potato salad. It was also a celebration of my nephew Jeremy's 19th birthday. The whole family was there! Everyone who lives in Florida was there. And there was not even one argument! Everyone got along and we all had a great time! The only snafu came in the form of my daughter in law and although her behavior kind of embarrassed me and my son no one else seemed to mind so no harm no foul. What she did was go to McDonalds and come back with a big mac meal after my sister in law had taken all day to prepare such a great feast. I would have been offended. But everyone else just took it in stride! Now we have a new memory to bring us smiles and joy!
On the 24th we had Christmas eve celebration at my house. We do a gift exchange where we pick a number then a gift but if someone else wants your gift they are eligible to "Steal" it and give you thiers. This always is alot of fun! We played the Nativity Story and ate alot of good food. I even made just one batch of my Santas Private Stock Kaluha every one was so happy because I have not made this recipe in years. Again my whole family gathered together with no arguments. I did not buy gifts for anyone but my grandchildren and all they got was a movie. Cody got Kung Fu Panda and Dalton got Horton Hears A Who. Although the giving was not what I am ususally able to do NOONE even cared. We really just enjoyed being together. It was GREAT. I have been praying for this for so long I feel it was my heavenly Fathers bonus gift to me.
On Christmas day we had a turkey not every one came but the ones who did had a good meal. This was the best christmas ever!
Oh yeah and I got a new coffee pot!!

No comments: