Wednesday, October 1, 2008

And the winner is............................

The doughnut. Yes the doughnut won and taught me a lesson on arrogance and humility. I was weighed in today and gained 2.4 pounds. After loosing the 2.8 pounds last week it seems that I must have decided that I could conquer the effect of the doughnut. So as I stood on the scale looking at my weight gain my nemesis, the doughnut, laughed and stretched out on my thigh! Now the doughnut did not do this on it's own. But after eating the sweet confection my body craved more and I arrogantly thought that I could win this battle just by sheer will. I did not walk harder or swim the day after the doughnut incident no... I ate more sweet things thinking I could somehow just get away without any weight gain simply by paying my weight watcher dues. Silly me. Yes this journey is going to be tough and many doughnuts and other sweet confections will do their best to thwart my success at becoming more healthy but in the end I will win. I will pray for strength and strength will be given to me and I will defeat the doughnut. I am anxious to start the next leg of my journey.
Stupid doughnut.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm laughin still..... and praying too! Keep up the good work all is not lost if you have learned a lesson!!!!!(just between me and you stupid funyuns, stupid cheeto's, stupid chocolate triffle!!!)